Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Wreath with Felt Flowers

I love crafting and I love shopping and I am also quite addicted to Facebook. A few months ago, I came across Mindy Mae's Market. There are always 5 items are listed  on their site and every morning at 9 am a new item bumps off an old one. They also have lots of cool games on their Facebook page. At first, I bought craft supplies from their site and now I have been buying stuff on their FB page when they do "I'll Take It!" sales. I buy things so often they already have my email address memorized. One of the things I bought was jute ribbon....that was a few months ago. I finally got around to buying a styrofoam wreath last week and I decided it was time for a spring wreath.  I didn't want to do my usual fake flowers and birds. After perusing Pinterest and blogs, I finally decided on making my own felt flowers. Felt was super cheap at Micheal's and I got 5 sheets of 9x12 felt. Over the course of a few evenings I could be found cutting up, rolling, and gluing felt to make flowers. Of course, I forgot how long the jute was, so I was afraid to cut it. It took me forever to roll up and cover the wreath.  I think I might have enough for a smaller wreath.


If you are looking for a DIY for Felt Flowers, go over to Craftsncoffee where the fabulous Jamielyn from I Heart Naptime guest posted a yarn wreath with felt flower tutorial.

I first started off with just 6 large flowers and 3 small flowers. When I asked my husband how it looked he said, "Don't you think it looks a bit naked?" Argh! Naked wreath....no good. I was trying to be minimalistic. It about a week to get back to the dining room/craft table to finish it off.
I think it is pretty good for a first time try.
Here it is on the door:
Yes, I have a HUGE door!

Here it is close up:
I dolled it up with one of those sparkly butterfly clippies from Micheal's.

I linked this over at :

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Donna, very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of this!!! Those flowers are just gorgeous! xoxo- Rachel

    http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/03/diy-trailing-dogwood-wreath-pottery-barn-knock-off.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and colorful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

© The Epicurean Crafter. Powered by