Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Cooking

So, I love cooking. I love cooking and food so much that I even changed careers to be close to it. 5 years ago I went to Culinary School and studied Hospitality and Restaurant Management. It kind of works well with my other degree in Anthropology. I am now a catering manager at a large corporate food service account. I work kind of crappy hours 6:30 to 4 on most days. Twice a week the hubby and I carpool. So I work a more normal 8-5. It  has kind of eased the mommy guilt of not seeing my monkey in the morning. Anyway...so I work a lot. I also love cooking and we cook at home 90% of the time. Working 50 hours a week, cooking and hanging out with my little family and trying to throw in some craft time doesn't leave much time to blog.

Now back to the food! I especially love to cook with fresh seasonal ingredients. My farmer's market is literally outside my door on Saturday mornings so I have no excuse. We belong to a CSA for our meat and I love it. Here are pictures of a few things that I have made this month. Maybe this weekend I'll throw in some recipes.
Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza and Tempura Fried Squash Blossoms

Braised Lamb Shanks with Polenta

Panko Crusted Fish and Thai Basil Eggplant Beef

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Epicurean Crafter. Powered by