Saturday, August 11, 2012

Seafood Linguine Recipe



This is one of my favorite recipes from Epicurious.com. I think it has been in my recipe box for about 10 years. It is fast and easy to make. I think it takes a little over the time it takes to boil water and cook pasta.

Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 3 tablespoons dry white wine
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 8 ounces uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
  • 8 ounces bay scallops
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 12 ounces linguine, freshly cooked
I almost always modify this recipe with whatever seafood blend I have on hand. I usually use the Trader Joe's Seafood blend. This time I used scallops and langostinos. This time I did not have any parsley.

Here's how to make it:
Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is golden brown, about 6 minutes.
 
 Stir in flour and coriander and cook 1 minute.
 
 Add wine and cream and bring to boil, stirring constantly. 
Add shrimp and scallops and simmer until shrimp are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. 
 
 Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over linguine and serve.

I took pictures of what time I started and what time I ended. 

See, not too bad. This is after a long commute and a 10 hour workday. This took less time than it would have taken to call for take out and go and drive to pick it up. We enjoyed it with a nice Chardonnay and Caesar Salad.
monogram
© The Epicurean Crafter. Powered by