Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Berry Trifle Push Up Pops

Summer berries are amazing! We have a wonderful Farmer's Market on Saturdays right outside our town home and we can't get enough summer berries. I bought different kinds of berries and decided to put them together for dessert. Since I was feeling rather ambitious I decided to try something new. I had these Push Up Pop holders that I bought months ago from Mindy Mae's Market that were collecting dust in the garage. Such a shame, I know, but I work 50 hours a week and don't have much time for fun stuff. I have been wanting to try out some of Courtney Dial Whitmore's recipes from her Push Up Pops book for a while now. I thumbed through it for inspiration but I knew that I wasn't going to have time to bake a cake for the layers. I totally cheated and simplified the recipe (sorry Courtney!).  This project was so easy that my 4 year old helped me with it. So here it is:

Easy Summer Berry Trifle Push Up Pops

You will need:
Push Up Pop Containers
Pound Cake (I used Sara Lee)
Berries (I used Strawberries, Blackberries and Blueberries)
Whipped Cream

First rinse and slice the berries.


Then cut the pound cake in 1/4 inch thick slices. Then I used a circle cutter to cut out 2 layers of cake for each pop.


After cutting out the circles push one down into the pop holder.
 Then put in a layer of whipped cream.
 Then add a layer of assorted berries.
 After the berries top with another cake disc.
 Repeat with more whipped cream and top with berries.
This is also the first time I used Washi tape (which I also got from Mindy Mae's Market). It was so cute and easy to use. It actually survived a run in dishwasher after we ate the pops. The most challenging part of this was actually finding a way to display them. I decided to use a couple of vases and filled them with either candy melts or marshmallows  for a bouquet of push up pops.
Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up at:
Tip Junkie handmade projects I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom Visit thecsiproject.com Lil\'Luna

Chef In Training What's cooking, love?

10 comments:

  1. I am pinning this idea! Very cute, and I like the addition of the washi tape and using the marshmallos to display them. Thanks for entering the CSI Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!!! I have always wanted to make those. Thanks for sharing!

    I am following you from GFC hop! I look forward to reading and exploring more. Stop by and return the follow when you can ;)

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking us up on the Someday Crafts Facebook page. We will be featuring your project tomorrow on our blog! Stop back in and grab a featured on Someday Craft button for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! They look delicious and oh so FUN! I've never seen push-up-pops with cake a fruit.. YUM!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh this looks so nice

    would love it if you could share them on my link party - http://serenityyou.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/serenity-saturday-48.html

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea! I love that you put the trifle in a push pop! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/07/showcase-your-talent-thursday-16.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great; we love our push pops too! :) We'd love to invite you to join us on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes to share you great ideas! I know my readers will love this as well! Have a great weekend!
    Mackenzie :)
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com/saturday-show-tell-20/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll be back this week with more!
    -Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, and I bet they're delicious! I made a berry trifle for the first time this summer and it was amazing :-) Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete

© The Epicurean Crafter. Powered by