Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend Cooking Fun



This weekend we had a Blues Festival in Downtown Hayward (literally in front of our house). In celebration of the occasion we decided to cook some food and invite some friends over. Of course, I cooked for more people than I had over. A few people couldn't come so more food for us. This was the first time in months that I have felt up to cooking, entertaining and crafting. I made homemade macaroni and cheese, fried chicken (first time!) and my first attempt at push up cake pops. My husband thought I was nuts since I spent so much time cooking.


Even he worked hard on the get together. He cleaned the house and he prepared 2 different kinds of ribs. BBQ ribs and Asian Hoisin Glazed ribs.

BBQ Ribs

Macaroni and Cheese

My Plate
Everything turned out amazing! Our friend that is from the South said that my fried chicken was as good as his granny's. That is an awesome compliment since it was the first time doing it all by myself. I had prepared fried chicken before but I was always too afraid to fry it and I would make my husband do it. I will be sharing some of the recipes later because I actually remembered to write down what I did.

For dessert I made a Summer Berry Trifle and put them in Push Up Pop holders. That was a first time endeavor, too and it turned out great.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

© The Epicurean Crafter. Powered by