Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Burlap Message Board



I can't believe I finally finished this project. I think I started working on this in April but it just didn't turn out the way that I wanted. I could not figure out how to secure the back properly. I used my glue gun but it didn't stick. Last week I had a total revelation and I just wanted to face palm myself because it was so simple.Staple it!

 I started off with some Burlap and Upholstery Tacks that I got from Mindy Mae's Market earlier this year or maybe last year. I decided that a Bulletin Board would be a good use of the supplies. I bought a STYROFOAM Brand Foam  1" x 12" x 18" Sheet  and went to work.
The burlap was a bit sheer so I decided to recycle an old tan tank top.
I even went out and bought a new purple stapler for the occasion.

I measured the board and figured out on the shorter side to space


My lovely assistant seemed very pleased with the board. Of course she claimed it for her own.

Thanks for stopping by!


Linking up at: Today's Creative Blog
Home Stories A2Z
Skip To My Lou
The Fun In Functional @ Practically Functional - Wednesdays @ 8am
>
”The monogram

8 comments:

  1. And a beautiful message board it is!! WOW!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great - I've been wanting to customize my calendar/mail area and something like this would work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the little flowers. Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hopping from Embracing Friends. The board is almost as cute as the kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!!! Thanks for linking up to the blog hop!! :)

    Kelsey
    embracingmessy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! Turned out super cute. Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute! And so is your "lovely assistant". Thanks for sharing at the Crafty Cornucopia Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

© The Epicurean Crafter. Powered by